AllerGenis is seeking a CLIA Laboratory Medical Technologist II at our Hatfield, PA location, who will be responsible for various operations in our clinical diagnostics lab. This is a regular, full time position reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor.
How You Will Help Drive Our Success
Through your experience and expertise, you will:
- Perform sample testing for high and moderate complexity CLIA diagnostics in immunology
- Follow SOPs, reports and presentations for current and new diagnostic tests
- Perform, analyze, and maintain all quality control programs and tests required by procedures, and prepare quality control reports
- Maintain records of laboratory results, quality control data, and laboratory procedures; compile and prepare periodic reports
- Assist in laboratory quality assurance procedures, data gathering and problem-solving
- Track laboratory metrics, trouble-shoot technical issues, report CAPAs, assist laboratory in commitment to continuous improvement
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Support the Lab Supervisor and Research and Development team with suggestions for new process development and improvement for existing and new diagnostic tests
- Assist in training and guiding laboratory assistants and paraprofessional employees, as well as teaching other technologists new procedures
Who You Are
You will bring the following education and experience to our team:
- A BS/BA in medical technology, biological, chemical, or physical science
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical diagnostics (immunology) as an ASCP certified technologist
- Previous experience in CLIA registered diagnostics laboratory, and in the operation and care of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- The ability to follow written and oral directions, procedures and/or instructions
- The ability to make independent judgments in evaluating the validity of completed laboratory tests
- Proven proficiency in MS Office
You will bring the following attributes to our team:
- The ability to embrace the importance of teamwork and the ability to operate comfortably in an innovative, start-up environment
- Your superior interpersonal and communications skills
- The ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a diverse workforce
- Your adaptability to changing work requirements (and you are a multi-tasker)
- A high degree of professional integrity
Who We Are
AllerGenis is revolutionizing the way we predict, diagnose and monitor food allergies with precision for millions of allergy patients.
Established in 2017 and located in Hatfield, PA, AllerGenis develops precision, data-driven diagnostics to help healthcare providers more accurately and safely diagnose, assess and monitor patients with food allergies. The company was founded out of a collaboration between Genisphere, provider of the 3DNA® platform for targeted drug delivery, and Hugh Sampson MD, of the Elliot and Roslyn Jaffe Food Allergy Institute of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. AllerGenis’ proprietary epitope mapping technology is based on immunological research by Dr. Sampson and leverages Genisphere’s expertise in improving sensitivity of diagnostic tests. AllerGenis is creating the largest food allergy knowledge base populated by individual patient epitope signatures derived from epitope mapping, clinical history, and patient-reported outcomes to gain clinical insights.
If you are interested in this position that will make a difference, send your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AllerGenis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
2801 Sterling Drive
Hatfield, PA 19440